- Comprehensive Inspections Include:* Roof, vents, flashing, and trim.
* Gutters and downspouts.
* Skylights, chimney and other roof penetrations.
* Decks, stoops, porches, steps, and railings.
* Eaves, soffit and fascia.
* Siding / Wall coverings.
* Windows and doors.
* Walkways and driveways.
* Grading and drainage.
* Basement and crawlspace.
* Visible foundation walls and framing.
* Crawlspace ventilation and vapor barrier.
* Water penetration and visible foundation movement.
* Heating systems.
* Cooling systems.
* Main water shut off valves.
* Water heating systems.
* Interior plumbing fixtures, showers, and faucets.
* Washer and dryer connections.
* Visible water piping.
* Visible waste piping.
* Plumbing drains and vents.
* Drainage sump pump.
* Electrical service line and meter box.
* Main disconnect and over current protection.
* Electrical panels, breakers and fuses.
* Electrical system grounding and bonding.
* Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI).
* Lighting fixtures and electrical outlets.
* Smoke detectors.
* Fireplace damper door and hearth.
* Interior walls, ceilings, floors and floor coverings.
* Stairs and railings.
* Kitchen and built-in appliances.
* Attic framing and insulation.
* Visible evidence of roof leaking, both previous and existing.
* Attic access and ventilation.
* Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers.
* And much more.Review the nc-standards-of-practice
- http://www.npiweb.com/grant/SCSOP.pdf for complete details in South Carolina.